Fort Recovery Lumber was founded in 1915 by Louis Moeller. Later, the company was passed on to Louis's sons-in-law, Albert Bubp and Wm. Knapke in 1941. Then, in 1949, there was a devastating fire at the lumber yard that caused them to have to rebuild and continue the business. The third generation owners were James and David Bubp who became the owners in 1980. They were sons to Albert Bubp and moved the entire company to the current location on Wabash Road. Brian Bubp, son of James, and Chris Moeller, son-in-law of David, became the owners in 2004 and are still the current owners. 2015 will mark 100 years of proudly serving consumers, providing employment and providing residential and agricultural construction to local citizens. All while continuing the family business for many generations in the future.
Albert Bubp, 1960s
Chris Moeller, David Bubp, Brian Bubp, James Bubp